Thursday, May 25, 2017

CATCH UP 2017

2017  So far sooo good!

Having a child has really taken the wind out of the sails of my blog writing, Two posts in the last two years!?  I promise to do better!  I haven't been sitting on my laurels in the world of tea however, so let me bring you up to speed.

Since travelling back west last year, I was busy busy at my day job while preparing for the Toronto Tea Festival!  It was the 5th Annual and it went off without a hitch.  I was one of the organizers and also handled social media, while my husband lent a hand taking pictures on the day and distributing posters in the weeks beforehand along with the team.  I love tea festivals and this one did not disappoint.  I bought so much tea!
Tea lovers lining up to get into the 5th annual Toronto Tea Festival
Hard working volunteers
Beautiful gaiwan waiting for tea

Tao Tea Leaf (co-sponsor of the Toronto Tea Festival and one of the best tea shops in town)
The winners of the TTF Tea Tasters Box Competition (#teaTastersBoxTO)
Some tasty tidbits to go with all the tea
Honey with tea? Perfect combo!
Dan Bolton of Tea Journey Magazine (Media sponsor)
Puer tea cakes on display (Jalam Teas)

The real spices that can be found in Chaiwala's chai

More shortbread! I HEARD these were really good, they were sold out by the time I got back to their booth. Sniff sniff...

CBC interviewing Kevin Gascoyne of Camellia Sinensis 
Linda Gaylard, The Tea Stylist & fellow Tea Sommelier 

Old guard and new guard. Laura Byran, retiring co-chair and Raelene Gagnon, new co-chair of the Tea Guild of Canada
 (co-sponsor of the TEA FESTIVAL)




Korean Tea Ceremony


Bill Kamula (co-chair of the Tea Guild of Canada and George Brown College tea program instructor) narrating the Chinese Tea Ceremony 

Japanese Tea Ceremony
Featured tasting competitions! Guess who got to steep, pour and mark papers…

After a busy and successful two days, time for some tea! Ahh....



This post featured photos by me and my guy, Drew Taylor: eclectic artist. You can see more of his work @drewtaylorphotos on Instagram.  What makes him eclectic? Writing, acting, directing, photography... drewtaylor.ca .

No comments:

Post a Comment